ColourPop Malibu Sunset Lip Duo ($11.00 for 0.17 oz.) includes a matching lipstick and lip pencil, which were both of a raspberry hue. Both products were pigmented and long-wearing with even applications achieved without much effort.
Malibu Sunset is a rich, raspberry red with cooler undertones and a cream finish. It had rich color coverage that applied evenly to my lips with a smooth, lightly creamy consistency that wasn’t too dense or too thin. There was a minute amount of product that settled into my deeper lip lines, which wasn’t visible in person (just in the close-up photo). It lasted well for six hours, left a stain behind, and felt lightly hydrating over time.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Dangerous Beauty (P, $55.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Clinique Raspberry Pop (P, $19.50) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Grenadine (P, $29.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Damage Control (P, $26.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Jolie Mome (P, $26.00) is more muted, less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC Claretcast (DC, $21.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Marsala (DC, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Exotica (P, $55.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Art Deco (502) (PiP, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Maybelline Plum for Me (P, $7.49) is darker (90% similar).
$7.00/0.12 oz. – $58.33 Per Ounce
The formula that is supposed to be a “creamy-matte” that “glides on like butter, doesn’t feather or bleed, and lasts so long you’ll forget you’re even wearing it.” The majority of the shades were quite pigmented with full color payoff in a single stroke with a few in the more semi-opaque coverage range.
The texture was, on average, smooth, lightly creamy, and not too thick or too thin, so there was no tugging during application but the color didn’t feel slippery while worn, which made them easier to apply straight from the tube and low-maintenance on the lips.
They tend to dry and wear down to a soft matte finish within one to three hours of wear, and while they are very lightweight on, they hug the lips more as they become more matte (compared to initial feel). The wear time has been between four and six hours for most shades, and most shades were non-drying to lightly hydrating. They were vanilla-scented but had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our ColourPop Lux Lipstick swatches.
Malibu Sunset is a deep, raspberry pink with strong, cool undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage that applied evenly and smoothly over my lips with very little tugging/pulling. The texture was smooth, velvety, and lightweight, so while it was a little clingy, it wasn’t drying or uncomfortable to wear. It stayed on well for over six hours and left a faint stain behind.
- Bite Beauty #096 (P, $18.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Fly (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Marsala (DC, $21.00) is more shimmery, warmer, glossier (85% similar).
- KVD Beauty Miss Argentina (P, $20.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Damned (P, $27.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Stellar Beauty Wicked Aura 01 (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, warmer, glossier (85% similar).
- Too Faced Bend and Snap! (P, $21.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!