Pat McGrath Dream Lover MatteTrance LipstickPat McGrath Dream Lover MatteTrance Lipstick ($38.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a muted, dusty pink-coral with moderate, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had rich color coverage in a single layer, but the product separated along my deeper lip lines and settled into them over time, which made it a higher-maintenance lip color to wear.
The texture was smooth, moderately dense, and creamy with more of a velvety slip as it didn’t feel overly wet/emollient. It stayed on well for four and a half hours and felt non-drying over time.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Makeup Geek Soccer Mom (P, $12.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Walk This Way (P, $26.00) is darker, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Ciate Sydney (LE, $19.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Jaclyn Cosmetics Sofia (DC, $18.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Blushing Dream (LE, $37.00) is darker, cooler, glossier (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Marisa (LE, $36.00) is cooler, glossier (85% similar).
- ColourPop Mrs. (LE, $7.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Givenchy Nude Androgyne (P, $37.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Beautiful Stranger (P, $38.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Sephora Flamingo (P, $14.00) is darker, less glossy (85% similar).
$38.00/0.14 oz. – $271.43 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “richly pigmented” with “”supreme hydration” and “opulent matte opacity.” The consistency was smooth, velvety, and dense without being too firm for one-stroke, glide-on application (I found the original shades to be slightly firmer compared to more newly released shades). They had nearly opaque to opaque coverage in one layer and most were buildable.
They had a subtle sheen–more satin-to-cream in finish–that wore down to a natural matte finish within an hour or two of wear. The formula lasted between four and eight hours on me, and while most weren’t drying, they aren’t “supreme[ly” hydrating either. They are, however, comfortable to wear over a longer period of time and reapply well. There was no discernible scent or taste to the formula.
Browse all of our Pat McGrath MatteTrance Lipstick swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!